How to come to study in Canada with your family

If you’d like to attend a university with your family in Canada with your loved ones, this is the right place.

I frequently get inquiries from people seeking whether Canada permits students from abroad to travel along with their families (spouses or children). The answer is yes! This also applies to ALL levels of studies (whether it’s a BSc., Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma, Master, and Ph.D.).

Additionally, here are a few tips to follow to complete this effectively.

If you’re seeking admission to a school, You are applying for yourself. However, you can also include your family members when you apply for a study visa.

The visa you apply for is then analyzed by three factors

  • Study’s purpose
  • Evidence of funds
  • Home ties

The three points are the criteria for single applicants; too, If you’re seeking a family member, you will have greater expectations. You’ll need to prove the significance of having relatives accompanying you, demonstrate that you have additional funds to support them, and have other connections with your nation.

Study’s purpose:

In your study plan or letter of explanation, you should state why your children and spouse are required to accompany you to Canada. For example, your children may apply for an entry permit for visitors or students (depending on their age), and your spouse can apply for a work permit or visitor (depending on the activities they plan to perform while in Canada).

If your spouse travels to Canada with a visitor’s visa and can seek a job permit within Canada and apply at the Border Crossing through flagpole.

The study plan will help you prove your studies’ importance and the value of having family members with you. It could be anything, from the reality that your children are still young, or your family hasn’t had a relationship. Unifying family members is essential for Canada, So make sure you leverage this.

NOTE: If you’re an undergraduate student attending an institution or program that isn’t qualified for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) or your spouse isn’t suitable for the spousal open work permit (SOWP). This is among the main reasons to ensure the program you are applying to is eligible for the PGWP.

Proof of Funds (POF):

If you plan to apply with your entire family, you’ll have to pay additional application fees and must also submit more POF than an individual applicant.

It is also necessary to prove that you have enough money to cover your expenses and those of the family members accompanying you when employed in Canada.

You will be required to provide sufficient funds to pay for the cost of your tuition and living expenses as a student and the funds needed for the costs of living for those with you. More information is available here.

In short, the total amount you’ll need depends on the family number you have.

Home ties:

Proof of your home is crucial in a Canadian studies visa. If you are an international student, it is a conditional resident, and you must prove that you’re willing to leave Canada following your studies (if you are required to leave). IRCC is looking for proof of this.

Many international students prefer to include family members to show their family bonds. Therefore, if you’re applying alongside your family, you must prove other connections. This could consist of your business or employment, investments, financial assets, landed properties, etc.

After you’ve presented your application professionally and included all the necessary documents within the three areas under consideration, Your application is ready to go.

After looking over the documents you’ve got, you’ll be able to decide on your own to orally apply with your family members or apply on your own.

If you choose to apply on your own, there isn’t a specific date to apply for family members following your arrival in Canada.

The application can be made anytime you’ve the documents needed to submit your application.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button