Gary Neville has admitted that he wants to see more from Antony at Manchester United and suggested he still has “some growth to go through”.
The Brazilian was taken off for countryman Fred with 19 minutes to go in Sunday’s 3-2 defeat byArsenal after a largely ineffective performance. The winger mustered just one blocked shot on goal and picked up a yellow card before being withdrawn by Erik ten Hag.
Antony has scored against Everton in the FA Cup and Charlton in the League Cup since returning from the World Cup but has failed to score in the league since the 2-1 win over Everton in October. Some fans have become disgruntled with his overall performances since then and are concerned with the £85m fee he arrived for.
After the defeat by Arsenal, Neville said the 22-year-old still has time to develop but that he isn’t quite getting the rub of the green at the moment. Speaking on the Gary Neville podcast, he said: “I want to see a little bit more from Antony, to be honest.
“I think to have to take him off is a disappointment because you’d like to think like [Gabriel] Martinelli and [Bukayo] Saka, who are also young players, that [Marcus] Rashford and Antony could have been the ones on the other side to counter-attack. It’s just not quite happening for him at this moment in time. He’s got a bit of work to do and obviously some growth to go thro
The post Gary Neville outlines Antony ‘disappointment’ in Manchester United loss to Arsenal appeared first on zululegit.